Forms I use...

1. Reference form. I ask all of the important questions and get as much information I can.

2. Verification of employment. This form is filled out by the employer. It is important to me to know that my potential tenant has a good job.

3. Lease. My  lease covers every detail and if something comes up that is important I add it to my lease.

4. Affidavit of Occupancy form. This form is required by Muncie that if the property is inside the city limits an Occupancy form has to be completed by the Tenant and the Owner or Property Manager. This form is to kept in the unit. If the police were to ask to see the form it has to be available. There is a $500 fine for not having it.

5. Lead Base Paint Disclosure form for Tenant, Owner or Property Manager. Every home built before 1978 has to have this form completed by Tenant and Owner or Property Manager. We also furnish the Protect your Family booklet. This book is required and will give the Tenant lots of good information about lead paint.

6. Smoke Detector Compliance Form. This form is required by the State of Indiana.

I am now charging a $25 application fee per person on the lease or a co-signer. 
This is for a Credit Check & a  Back Ground Check.
These are done by the National Tenant Network.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

In this post very nicely describe useful topics such as Reference form, Verification of employment, Lease, Affidavit of Occupancy form, Owner or Property Manager, Smoke Dectector Compliance Form and many more. So thanks for share this valuable post.
Property Management Companies

Unknown said...

Great post. Good on you for creating quality content.

We like to do the same at http://rmaproperty.com.au/. Check out our news/blog section for some ideas.

Unknown said...

This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. You know You definitely put a new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!


Cyprus Estate Agents

Unknown said...

There are a lot more forms than I originally imagined. How long does this process usually take? I am looking into acquiring a new property for my business. http://www.condominium-management.com

Anonymous said...

I think that it would be a lot of fun to become a property manager. However, I don't know where I should even begin. Could anyone give me any information about property management companies in Riverside, CA? http://eastvalleypropertymanagement.com/company/about

Unknown said...

I have noticed that the well respected property managements use the same types of forms for the same reasons. I can see how all of these would be a good idea to have for the clients. As a buyer I would like to know all this information to help me fix up the place as I saw fit.

Zach Thalman | http://www.sdlrealestate.com

Unknown said...

I think that getting a verification of employment is a really good way to go when looking at potential tenets. Having a good history with employment usually means rent being paid on time. I would really like to learn more about how to do property management.

http://www.bluefrogpropertymanagement.com/appleton-property-management

Unknown said...

I am going to get married soon and my fiance and I are looking for an apartment. I appreciate all the information about the forms. I knew there was paperwork in order for us to move into a place, but I didn't know what the paperwork was for. I can definitely see why we have to fill out all this paperwork now.

http://www.tjpropertymanagement.com

Unknown said...

You seem to know what your are doing as far as property management goes. I might have to use your strategies as I pursue being a property owner. Hopefully I will have great success like you've had.

http://www.mgrmgmt.com/about-us.html

jwaynebest said...

It's easier to have a property management agency taking care of your real estate business. Anyhow, you want to make sure you have considered all your options to make the right choice. The important thing here is to make a smart decision, based upon facts. You got to have a budget in place, and a backup plan. Successful business men are those who have a smart plan in place so that they can ensure success.
http://www.superiorpmgt.net/Services.php

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the post. It's useful information about G & G Realty Property Management system.

Unknown said...

I have a friend who is a property manager. She has told me many times that it can be challenging for her. There are a lot of people to look out over. If something goes wrong with the property she needs to fix it as soon as possible. She does the best that can. Overall, I think that she enjoys it. http://www.sandiegopropertymanagement.com/

Prudence Alvardo said...

This post is really very nice and useful for the property management software. I really like this post and thanks to sharing this post.

online property management software

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this article it's very helpful for me.
Rental Management Perth